WEPPIA is actively involved in all the Infrastructure development projects in EPIP. Right from the days of pressurising the Central Govt body VITC for releasing 100 crores project for quickly improving the poor condition of the Internal Road, Pavements, Drainages in EPIP Under PPP Model
One of the first projects handled by WEPPIA was the improvement of infrastructure within the EPIP. This major project, spread over a period of over 12 months, achieved the following:
• Creation of an aesthetically appealing entrance to the EPIP
• Relaying of all roads within the park using state of the art technology
• Relaying of new water distribution pipes across the estate
• Neat and clean sidewalks with kerb stones along all the roads
• Proper rainwater drainage along all roads
• Ducting along each road for laying of service facilities such as OFC cables, water pipes, telephone cables, etc. (which would eliminate the need for frequent digging of roads)
• Construction of solid waste collection points
• Signages along all roads with identification of each member organisation
• Beautification of median by flowering plants
This project was partly funded by WEPPIA through the member organisations with the VITC & BBMP contributing the major share of about Rs. Forty Five Crores each. All these facilities are being maintained since then by WEPPIA at their own expense.
WEPPIA has also been regularly interacting with service providers such as BMTC for improvement of public transport facilities, KPTCL and BESCOM for improved electric power, BWSSB for water and sanitation facilities, Police Service for improvement of security and patrolling within the EPIP, Bangalore Telephones and private telecom operators for improvement of telephone and internet services, KIADB for additional land for infrastructure projects, etc.